The protection of the privacy of our (former) donors, volunteers, suppliers and employees is important to us and that is why we are of course careful with this data. For good management it is important to record certain information, including personal data. We use this, among other things, to record and implement commitments and agreements, and to provide our donors and projects with the best possible service. We do not process more data than is absolutely necessary and we treat it confidentially. HE Space Children's Foundation handles and protects personal data with the utmost care and processes it according to the European (GDPR) General Data Protection Regulation.
For which purposes does the HE Space Children’s Foundation process your personal data?
We process personal data in order to be able to carry out various services and tasks properly. This is done on the basis of consent, performance of a contract or because of a legitimate interest. This concerns the following activities, which are included in our processing register.
- Engaging and executing agreements with donors, volunteers and project coordinators.
- Processing and administering donations, payments and commitments.
- Providing services, sending newsletters, promoting HE Space Children's Foundation, executing marketing goals.
- Marketing questions for donors and project co-ordinators.
- The registration of settings and preferences when using the websites via cookies.
- Engaging in collaboration with third parties.
- Compliance with the legal obligation to register.
- Archiving of data in legal proceedings and for historical, statistical and scientific purposes.
- Informing the outside world about our activities and the results of projects, programmes and assistance provided.
- Collecting information for policy purposes and management reports.
What personal data does HE Space Children’s Foundation collect?
We register the following details:
- Name, address.
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Bank information (IBAN)
- Interaction details (e.g. cookies or information about you and the HE Space Children’s Foundation)
We receive personal data via the contact with you, but, if appropriate, HE Space Children's Foundation also receives personal data via third parties, to the extent that this is permitted by law.
- You may object to the processing of your personal data even where we have a legitimate interest if there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing if you feel it impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- You may request restriction of the processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data.
- You may request a transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party of your choice, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
How does HE Space Children's Foundation ensure confidential handling of personal data?
- HE Space Children's Foundation takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data.
- HE Space Children's Foundation only shares personal information with third parties in accordance with the provisions in this Privacy Statement.
- On behalf of HE Space Children's Foundation, business service providers can provide certain activities for the Foundation. We make agreements with these parties to ensure confidential and careful handling of personal data. These agreements are contractually laid down in so-called "processor agreements".
- If you do not want us to provide information to certain recipients or if you do not want us to contact you, you can let us know. In every newsletter you have the option to unsubscribe via the unsubscribe link at the bottom. To unsubscribe from our other services, you can always contact us by telephone, in writing or by e-mail.
- Unless mentioned in this Privacy Statement, your personal data will not be rented, sold or otherwise shared with or provided to third parties, unless you have explicitly given permission for this yourself.
- HE Space Children's Foundation provides personal data to enforcement authorities or anti-fraud organizations when this is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- Your personal data is stored in accordance with the GDPR and no longer than strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which the data was collected.
How can you view, change or delete your data?
You can request HE Space Children's Foundation to view or correct your data. Indicate clearly that this is a request for an inspection or correction on the basis of the GDPR. You can also request that your data be deleted. However, this is only possible insofar as the legal obligations permit; this applies in particular to statutory storage periods.
Please note that it may be necessary to check your identity using a copy of a proof of identity.
Send your request for viewing, correction or deletion of personal data to:
HE Space Children’s Foundation, for the attention of Barbara ten Berge, Huygensstraat 44, 2201 DK, Noordwijk aan Zee, Netherlands.
You are also entitled to submit a complaint about the use of your data with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl). On the website of this Authority you will also find extensive information about the GDPR and everything that has to do with personal data.
Policy statement relating to online services
HE Space Children’s Foundation has one website – hescf.org.
On our website we use functional cookies only and no tracking cookies. This information is used so that it functions optimally for as many visitors as possible.
Delete or disable cookies
Via the settings menu of the browser you can decide yourself whether or not you accept cookies and you can delete existing cookies from your system. A simple Google search gives information about how to do this.
How long do cookies remain?
Most cookies placed the website of the HE Space Children's Foundation disappear when you close the browser. We recommend that you regularly delete all cookies via the settings menu of your browser (shortcut: Ctrl + Shift + Delete).
All board members, administrators and volunteers of HE Space Children's Foundation who have access to personal data have a duty of confidentiality. This also applies to external employees working on our behalf. Enforcement is strictly supervised because you must always be able to count on confidential treatment of your data. The duty of confidentiality does not apply if statutory regulations stipulate otherwise. We are obliged to report every data breach to the Dutch Data Protection Authority. We adhere to this obligation to report. Those involved will be informed if this is the case in the context of this duty to report.
HE Space Children’s Foundation may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes or if we change our activities in a way that affects personal data protection. The latest version of our Privacy Statement will always be available on our website (www.hescf.org). This Privacy Statement was last updated on 31 May 2018.
If you still have questions or remarks about the use of personal data by HE Space Children’s Foundation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.