HE Space Children’s Foundation achievements in 2013
2013 has been a successful year for the HE Space Children's Foundation. We kicked off 5 new employee projects and continued to support the existing projects.
New employee projects
In 2013 the following employees have successfully started their projects:
- India - Supporting pupils with beds, desks and computers and education, initiated by James Carpenter
- Bali - First phase of project has just finished providing books, sports equipment and cupboards, initiated by Natacha Callens, more information on their Facebook page.
- Guatemala - Supporting 11 young boys to go to school. The good news is that they have all finished their school year with good reports! Initiated by Ana Isabel Heemskerk
- Philippines- This was the first emergency operation HESCF ever organised and it went well. We were able to support 100 families with all the basic needs. Initiated by Cristina Espino
- India- this project was initiated by several employees and is managed by Raffaella Pappalardo. It will provide a communication studio to teach the pupils to report about their situation.
We also continued with:
- Brazil – Supporting a school and nursery school with drinking water fountain, school materials and equipment for the playground. Initiated by Carolina Nogueira-Loddo. Carolina also organised a bookfair at Eumetsat in Darmstadt to raise extra funds.
- Burundi- Supporting a school with computer equipment. This project started in 2012 and the equipment finally arrived the day before Sinterklaas. Initiated by James Carpenter
- Wobulenzi Town Academy – Improving Science by supporting teacher, laboratory assistant and laboratory equipment – By Jerry Dugdale
With EU- Awareness we work together to provide the Universe in a Box educational material to all our previous and current projects.